|Remove||Item||Quantity × Price|
|Your cart is empty|
We are blessed with gorgeous sunshine this August and when I'm feeling sunny I'm reminded of citrus fruit and how wonderful it is for your skin. In particular I love sweet orange essential oil as it's incredibly beneficial for dull dry skin, and packed full of nutritious vitamins.
So while the sun was out this week I decided to create a NEW face mask recipe with sweet orange essential oil. It's super easy and only requires a few ingredients, most of which you'll find in the kitchen cupboard.
- Oatmeal ½ cup
- Warm water
- Organic Sweet Almond oil 1 tbsp
- Ripe Banana ½ (optional, for extra moisture)
- Organic sweet orange essential oil 5-10 drops
Key ingredient low down
Organic Sweet Orange oil (citrus sinensis)
is distilled from the fresh ripe peel. Its sweet fruity scent is uplifting, reducing anxiety and stress. It revitalizes dull complexions and evens skin tone.
Organic Oatmeal (avena sativa)
has been used for centuries to alleviate dry, itchy & inflamed skin. It gently exfoliates and moisturizes, creating a protective barrier to ‘lock in’ nourishing antioxidants.
Organic Sweet Almond oil (prunus dulcis)
is cold pressed from almond kernels. It’s easily absorbed and rich in nutrients and vitamins A, B1, B2, B6, D and E.
- In a large mixing bowl, add warm water to ½ cup oatmeal to make a thick paste.
- Mix it and let it sit for two minutes.
- Mash ½ a banana and mix it into the bowl.
- Measure out 1 tablespoon sweet almond oil and fold it into the mixture.
- Leave to cool and thicken, approx. 15 minutes and add 5-10 drops of sweet orange oil.
In a large mixing bowl, add warm water to ½ cup oatmeal to make a thick paste.
Mix it and let it sit for ten minutes.
Mash ½ a banana and mix it into the bowl.
Measure out 1 tablespoon organic sweet almond oil and fold it into the mixture.
Leave to cool and thicken, approx. 15 minutes and add 5-10 drops of sweet orange oil.
Now you’re ready to give your skin a super sweet orange boost!
How To Apply:
- Wash your face and neck with warm water and soap to remove dirt and makeup. For extra effectiveness you can steam open your pores too.
- When your mask is cool enough to put on your skin, rub it onto your face, neck, and décolleté. It’s a little bit messy so I suggest taking time to lie back and chill out with a towel spread out under your head and neck to catch any runway dollops! (Note: you can grind the oatmeal into a fine powder for a smoother consistency if you prefer).
- Let the mixture work its magic for 15 minutes, wipe away larger pieces of oatmeal and then rinse off with lukewarm water.
- Pat your skin dry with a soft towel and feel the fruity softness!
The combination of oats, almond oil and sweet orange moisturises, tones, and protects your skin from sun damage with antioxidants and vitamins. With repeat applications you’ll notice enhanced elasticity and firmness that helps to reduce the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles. Lovely!
Let us know how you get on with your Sweet Orange & Oatmeal Face Mask!